[Malvern] NVidia cards.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 25 09:52:17 GMT 2006

Thanks Chris and Rick.

> Are you steering clear of the NVidia binary drivers? It seems that you
> are.

Not especially - I haven't tried it, but I will.   I uess that Debian
didn't include  "non-free" drivers !

In former installations I remember being asked questions about  setting
up my X-server,
but it doesn't seem to happen with the new Sarge DVD.  There used to be
a way to do it from the KDE konsole.

> I boot to runlevel 3 [1] which makes installing the driver much
> easier, but you should be OK following the provided instructions.

I am very grateful  for this tip - I will try it too.

I can also run the other machine as an  information source.

Best regards,

Geoff.