[Malvern] Kernel up-grade.

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Thu Mar 9 22:42:56 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:40:05PM +0000, Geoff Bagley wrote:
> We have a problem Houston.
>
> Chris,
> I followed out the instructions, and failed to get any X-window.
> There was a complaint from the XFree86 people that  "This version of XFree86
> has been extensively modified by the Debian project, and is not
> supported by
> XFree86 Project Inc.
>
> I seem to remember some quarrel which resulted in a new Xorg outfit
> being created.
>
> I wonder if I am a victim ?
>
> Any ideas ?

What else have you installed?  I don't understand why changing the kernel
image should screw up your X.  What happens if you boot it with the old
kernel image?  You should still have that on your grub menu.  Does it work
as it used to?

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR