[Malvern] Etch

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Sun Mar 19 14:33:39 GMT 2006

Hi,

I just dropped my Gentoo installation and installed Etch.

I must say, very nice.. After running gentoo for a few months, its nice not to
have to compile everything from source. Also, with KDE 3.5.1, its very nice.
I would recommend it to anyone who likes to live on the edge.

I would use Gnome, but every time I start a session my sound card is muted. I
have tried everything to get around it, but I cant.

My wireless card got detected first time, all I needed to do is install the
firmware.

I've just got to build up my server ( a motherboard, hard disk and PSU
stretched across a shelf) and get back the 3 gig tarchive backup back..

Andy