[Malvern] Backspace setting during login

Steve Cashmore mlug at cashmore.me.uk
Wed Sep 6 22:46:38 BST 2006

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
> I don't know of a neat or non-dirty way to do it but I'd guess you can bung
> something in rc.local to, after a delay, issue the appropriate stty to a
> bunch of virtual devices.

I'd already tried stty in rc.local but without any delay.  But thinking
about it (dangerous I know) I'm telnetting in so presume it's the telnet
daemon creating the environment for login.  Not sure if it calls with
the preserve environment flag set or not.  I haven't yet figured out
where in the source it does that.

This happens every time - I follow the trail a bit further, get side
tracked then lose interest, and start again a year later!

My latest diversion is writing software for PIC chips to control R/C
servos...
--
Steve