[Malvern] Backspace setting during login

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Wed Sep 6 22:52:31 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:46:26PM +0100, Steve Cashmore wrote:
> Chris Eilbeck wrote:
> >I don't know of a neat or non-dirty way to do it but I'd guess you can
> >bung something in rc.local to, after a delay, issue the appropriate stty
> >to a bunch of virtual devices.
>
> I'd already tried stty in rc.local but without any delay.  But thinking
> about it (dangerous I know) I'm telnetting in so presume it's the telnet
> daemon creating the environment for login.  Not sure if it calls with the
> preserve environment flag set or not.  I haven't yet figured out where in
> the source it does that.

Well an even dirtier way of doing it is to have something looking for a
in.telnetd daemon to appear then do the stty.

> My latest diversion is writing software for PIC chips to control R/C
> servos...

Use an AVR instead, it's way, way easy to do that.  If I dig around a bit,
I'll be able to find the code I wrote to do just that job.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR