[Malvern] Bandwidth limitation.

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Sun Dec 2 22:52:23 GMT 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 11:28:19AM +0000, Geoff Bagley wrote:
> My daughter has moved to the Emerald Isle, and now has a "broad-band"
> internet connection.
>
> However,  there is a bandwidth limitation which means that she is precluded
> from doing work
> writing web-sites.  That would cost an extra tariff  of  50 euros per
> month.
>
> Is there any way to have a proxy over here (say)  where the rates are more
> favourable,  and only do
> the changes via  her local  ISP ?
> One problem is that although she is very savvy on IT,  she is stuck with
> M$  Window$.    (That being what her clients want).
>
> Any suggestions other than moving back to the UK ?

What's she doing that hits the limit?  Is she trying to host sites herself?
If she's just uploading a site to a server somewhere else, I fail to see how
that could generate enough traffic to hit a 2Gb a month (for instance)
limit.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR