[Malvern] Is there a lawyer in the house ?

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 9 19:25:29 GMT 2007

Hi Andrew,

Good to hear from you.  The laptop is fine !

Andrew Ballantine wrote:
> As I understand it, one is required to pay for a tv license if one has
> equipment that can receive terrestrial TV signals.

I think you may strike out the word "terrestrial".
In days gone by they used to use the words  "images sent by wireless
telegraphy".
I have no idea of any updates at present.
> I have a laptop on which I watch DVD films and that does not count as
> a tv.
The recorded films might have been recorded off the air from a TV station.
I wonder whether they have tested this in any law court ?

Best regards,

Geoff.