[Malvern] Hello

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 15:59:28 BST 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 11:09:36AM +0100, Stuart Bird wrote:
> Hi All

Hi Stuart, and I'm sure the regular Malvern crew will be delighted to
say hi too, but having read your intro, I couldn't help but reply ;)

> I work in the digital forensics field, mainly on MS machines to date,
> but am beginning to do more and more under Linux.

Fantastic. Have you ever thought about putting together a talk about
that? Gloucestershire LUG have regular tech meets and would be very
interested in that, Phil is trying to do more tech meet for Malvern LUG
so I'm sure they would be interested, and personally I'd love something
like that for a night at Birmingham Perl Mongers :)

> I am just getting into some
> basic programming (barely past HelloWorld! at the moment) in C++. I've
> also just started to look at Perl although again, it's very early days.

Well the guys usually come up to the Birmingham.pm technical meetings,
and you're more than welcome to come along too. If you're up for doing a
talk, you might like to come and see who we are first before
volunteering ;)

> I also really enjoy the social side of Lugs, particularly when real ale
> and curries are involved.

You'll enjoy Malvern LUG then :)

> I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone at the meetings when
> I eventually get moved over.

Hope the move goes well.

Cheers,
Barbie.