FW: [Malvern] LUG Up Front

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Wed May 2 23:01:36 BST 2007

Hi Andy

Who said anything about public speaking?  It's only us!

Couple of helpful hints on this front .

1.  Set yourself a timeframe in which you want to say what you want.
2.  Write down a script of notes / bullet points and stage directions
3.  Scare the hell out of wife and kids by locking yourself in your bedroom
with the laptop and necessary props and run through it in front of the
mirror.
4.  When you feel comfortable doing it in front of the mirror in the bedroom
and you got it down pat, co opt any babies / children that can't run away
etc including pets and do it in front of them - strange daddy!
5.  Do it in front of "her in doors" - ignore any jibes about all those
little jobs that you still need to do around the house.

By this point you should be totally sick of your patter and it'll run off
the tongue  like a pint at the end of a hot day.

Next, following no more than one pint of dutch courage find some interested
people that you feel kinda OK with and rattle it off to them.

And hey presto!  public speaking has begun.

Oh and one other important tip always have a glass of water to hand - it's
very hard to talk with a dry mouth.

Further lessons available!