[Malvern] Dowsung Presentation.

chris at hyperspace.org.uk chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Sat Apr 11 20:50:14 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 08:39:52PM +0100, Geoff Bagley wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I have been working all day on OO Impress,  and have a presentation of
> about two dozen slides for starters.
> There's about 50/50%  textual  versus pictorial  slides.
>
> Like to pop in sometime ?

I'm probably not your best audience - I'm not convinced there's even an
effect to explain.  Based on the studies I've read and what you've said
about people not being able to dowse when blind or blindfolded, my best
explanation for an effect if there is one is that people pick up on
alignments in the landscape, tree lines, ground gradients and dips.  The
Munich and Kessel experiments seem to be strong negative evidence for the
human ability to sense something whether it's an known or an unknown
physical field.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR