[Malvern] Missing toolbars and updates

William Chaundy willchaundy at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 08:30:06 UTC 2009

Dear all,

Cand anyone assist. I am on 'xfce 4 Desktop Environment - version 4.3.99.1 (Xfce 4.4 BETA2)' and having problems upgrading as I am unsure how to go forward from here. At the last meeting I wrote instructions as follows:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

did not find all as I get the command

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old  ones used instead

I am still on  'xfce 4 Desktop Environment - version 4.3.99.1 (Xfce 4.4 BETA2)'

and also have the top menu bar and the bottom menu bar on the screen missing.

Can anyone please help.

William Chaundy