[Malvern] Congestion on internet.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 20 08:34:39 UTC 2010

I understand that at the present time  millions of Windows users are
applying an  update to their  operating systems.

The result might be massive overload, congestion,  or for the  rest of
us, a shortage of free bandwidth  on mail servers.

My mail server is farmed out by btinternet to Yahoo -  the uk  bit if
it,   that is.

I am currently getting diverted to the  german branch of yahoo !

Any views on whether my diagnosis is correct ?

How can one assess the overall level of competition for bandwidth ?

I couldn't go to Gloucester last night.  I had been ill.

Best regards,

Geoff.