[Newark] A few things worth discussing...

Christopher Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:16:22 BST 2007

Hello, I was just wanting to inquire as to whether anyone here has got any
ideas for an advocacy event during this years Software Freedom Day. I was
hoping that we could take advantage of the event this September to try and
pull off our first proper planned event of this kind.

As - some of you - know, I was able to attend LugRadio Live this year,
despite my health problems and came back with load of free tat. Hopefully
the K/Ed/Ubuntu CDs I bought back will help with any event we plan - I dunno
if it's worth trying to get some more stuff or not.

Also - does anyone (I'm looking at Craig now) have any thoughts towards
having a social gathering sometime over the next month?

And - finally, does anyone have preference on the wiki for our LUG's
website. I was thinking media wiki as it is what wikipedia uses and people
will likely trust that. However, I do realise that it might not be
everyone's first choice (it might not actually be mine to be honest - I just
think new people might prefer it), so please get in touch with me about this
so we can have the wiki sorted out soon.

Anyhow, thanks for reading this.
Chris Hayes / cbhworld