[Newark] Re: Newark Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Christopher Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:31:30 BST 2007

Maybe I was a little unclear about what I meant by a social meet, I assumed
it'd be your average collection of beards drinking and eating while
discussing cpp, python and kernel modules. Whereas, advocacy talks and tech
talks where people demo stuff would be more suited to - well, advocacy
drives - and technical meets. If people are more interested in social meets
with a demo/technical twist, sure, that'd be nice.

As for ForLinux, Steve Nice from the company has got in touch with me and
expressed an interest in joining Newark LUG, hopefully we'll be hearing
something soon from him on the mailing list.

As for completely social meets - the organisation wouldn't be too much of a
problem, but it'd be nice to know how many people would be turning up - and
where, of course :)

For technical meets, I agree that they would be useful and certainly nice to
have - so it's definitely something that we ought to do, Craig. My instant
thoughts towards this though is that it could be useful to have a social
meet before doing one of these - this way we can get some idea of what the
content of the technical meets should be - and whom would be able to put on
interesting talks.

Ah, on a side note - some of my art on the subject of DRM is on the gnu
website at the moment -
http://www.gnu.org/graphics/digital-restrictions-management.html
- just in case anyone wants to  :)

Chris Hayes / cbhworld