[Newark] Re: Newark Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Chris Burton Chris at 7of9b.org
Tue Jul 24 00:15:28 BST 2007

> Of the few people I've got that are interested - I think the best way to
> start would be to have a meet basically explaining what GNU/Linux is and
> then going on to show a little of what it can do.. (aka grab a hold of
> some
> videos of windows doing functions such media centre and then going to
> linux
> and showing one of its equivalents

Seems a little enthusiastic ;) Are these people that have never used Linux
that are interested in using/abusing it ?

> I have emailed the dudes who were at the bearings building linux based
> servers & networks, but never got an answer.. Assuming they've keeled
> over..
> :(

If you mean ForLinux I think they're still alive...

> Did ask an barman at the atrium whether they'd consider letting us use the
> space in their bar.. but didn't get a useful answer, (maybe we could get
> Adam to clarify Chris?)

I would have thought an informal would be more inline with the current
Newark LUG population without the need to hire or specially get space
somewhere but it depends what your aims are I guess. Cant say I've ever been
in the Crown & Mitre, think the last pub I went into in Newark was the
Wheatsheaf a few years ago - now days I just stare into space in the Turks
Head in Balderton and think about taking over the world...

ChrisB.