[Newark] Hello

Chris Burton Chris at 7of9b.org
Fri Jun 22 13:42:21 BST 2007

> Just a quick introduction.

Hi from me too..

> My name is Paul Mellors, you might know me as MooDoo.  I don't actually
> live in Newark but it's not too far away :)

I'm another ChrisB .. and on IRC I'm BB/BurtyB/PorkPie (and lots of other
things no doubt).

> I've been using linux for awhile now, a mixture of ubuntu, debian and
> fedora.

I started using Linux around 95ish at a guess, started on Slackware (with a
stash of floppys from a very helpful friend at Uni), moved to Redhat with
5.1 and stuck with Redhat until around v 7/8, then tried out a few others
and went with Gentoo as I could specify what parts of things I wanted and
how it worked together. After getting peeved over the many changes of paths,
screwups and other general Gentoo fun I moved to Centos which is what I'm
using now. Inbetween the fun I tried other distros like Debian/Trustix/SuSe
and probably a load more I cant remember.

I dont use Linux as a workstation and cant see that changing anytime soon, I
find Windows much more intuitive and I get my work done a lot quicker using
it (although thats likely to change with Vista).

Well theres a quick intro from me, are there many more on the list yet?

ChrisB.