[Newark] New ForLinux building offered for meets

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 7 18:22:43 GMT 2008

Chris Hayes wrote:

> Also, I'm interested to know any ideas that anyone has  to make use of this
> wonderful offer.

Indeed, a great offer for a venue for formal meetings/presentations should we
organise any, however, I also like informal settings, particularly if food and
drink are involved. I wouldn't like to totally lose a social feel though.

It's about time we starting thinking about the next meeting I guess.

I'm really not sure there'd be enough of us for a presentation just yet (I've
given presentations to groupd of 4 or 5 before, and it's not a thrilling
experience). However, if we can get a turnout of 10, then it would probably be
more productive and worthwhile talking to the group as a whole in presentation
form, before finding something to eat and drink afterward.

Unless anyone wants to organise something else, a repeat of last month would
still be ok (last Friday of the month, 8pm until whenever, in a local pub),
although for those of us who've already introduced ourselves to each other, it
might be worth having a "topic for the evening", so that we can share hints,
tips, thoughts and ideas on a common subject, rather than have me retell my
lame stories about university life in mid-Wales. A few ideas I've had on this,
"Making the command line less scarey", "Sharing files with Windows", and
"Multimedia on the desktop".

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com