[Newark] New ForLinux building offered for meets

Khismett Riddle spindleflax at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:29:54 GMT 2008

What do you mean by "Multimedia on the desktop"? Is that having the right
codecs to play stuff, or merhaps you mean literally playing videos on the
root window or am I getting the wrong end of the stick? Eitherhoo, nice of
ForLinux to offer their office as a venue.

Unrelatedwise, LUG is a silly word, as my sister observes, it is reminiscent
of 'lug hole'. Why is it that next to nothing in FOSS sounds good? The one
thing that does sound good, people debate over intent on making it sound
-less- good. By that, of course, I mean 'Linux' pronounced lie-nuks not
lin-nuks and certainly not guh-noo-slash-lin-nuks. We have an image editor
called the GIMP, a desktop environment that names things in the same way the
KKK did and the alternative's namesake is the least appealing mythical
being. We shouldn't be called a LUG, we should be the Newark Tech Model
Railroad Club in homage to MIT's TMRC.

Tom