[Newark] FW: Hello

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 11 20:07:12 BST 2008

dean asher wrote:

> Just thought I would introduce my self. As you can see by the email my name
> is Dean and I'm from Balderton, I have been Playing with Linux (mainly
> Ubuntu) for a few years but have now started using it as my main OS.

Hi there. Nice to see another Ubuntu user in Balderton (where I live as well).
I ditched Windows back in April when I bought a new computer, and couldn't face
using Vista.

For the last few months, the group has been meeting at 8pm on the last Tuesday
of the month at the Rose and Crown (opposite Tesco on Main Street), where
you'll find me sinking a few beers. We're a friendly and fairly informal bunch,
and I like to sink a few beers. We did try to sort of set themes for each
evening, but after sinking a few beers, it's probably more fun to laugh at me,
and my Linux disasters (my greatest achievement to date, is unmerging
core-utils on a Gentoo box, in an attempt to solve a dependancy issue... no one
told me it was a bad idea).

Hope to meet you soon (I'll be the pickled one in the corner complaining that
there isn't a kebab shop in Balderton).

Steve

PS My drinking habits do not necessarily reflect those of the rest of the group.

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com