[Newark] Working with Larger LUGs

Philip Newborough mail at philipnewborough.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 14:15:45 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Chris Hayes <cbhworld at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> At last night's meet we discussed the idea of doing *something* with
> the two large LUGs on either side of us, Nottingham, and Lincs.
> Whether it's just mentioning our existence on their mailing lists - or
> asking whether they could mention us on their website - or something
> far more interesting.
>
> Anyhow, I'd be interested in any ideas of what we could look into
> doing with either of these LUGs, and for the meantime I'll hold off
> contacting them until people have had a chance to make some
> suggestions.
>

> Chris Hayes / cbhworld

Hey Chris

I am subscribed to the LincsLUG mailing list. Just to let you know,
the list is currently very low traffic, either that or I have been
secretly unsubscribed :P It kind of makes me wish that I lived closer
to Newark, I am somewhat jealous of you guys and your meatspace meets
-- in a pub no less!

Anyhow, good luck with posting to the list, it would be good to get
some interLUG love going on. In the meantime, I am making enquires
about a possible peaceful takeover as LUGmaster :)

Cheers
---
Philip Newborough
http://crunchbang.org