[Newark] Working with Larger LUGs

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 26 08:03:42 BST 2008

Chris Hayes wrote:

> At last night's meet we discussed the idea of doing *something* with
> the two large LUGs on either side of us, Nottingham, and Lincs..
>
> Anyhow, I'd be interested in any ideas of what we could look into
> doing with either of these LUGs, and for the meantime I'll hold off
> contacting them until people have had a chance to make some
> suggestions.

I'm a member of both Nottingham LUG and Mansfield LUG. Mansfield have very
interesting sounding meetings, general problem solving sessions, etc.
Nottingham LUG's curry meets appeal to me, the problem is that curry and beer
and driving to and from Nottingham are blocking dependancies (and some of you
are aware of the trouble I've had with dependancies recently). This isn't to
say we couldn't do something... an inter-LUG Linux based pub quiz maybe?

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com