[Newark] Working with Larger LUGs

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:41:42 BST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Steve Caddy <steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> darren stanney wrote:
>>
>> Bloody hell man WHAT are you doing!!! Surely you know that posting twice
>> in
>> then same LUG is a bad thing let alone you're blatant lack of
>> understanding
>> by posting in TWO LUGS on the same day!! What are you trying to do break
>> the
>> internet!!!!! :D
>
> I'm having a day off, and I've got bandwidth to spare. I'm also making up
> for not attending Tuesday's meeting. Next, I'll attempt top posting without
> trimming what I'm quoting, and that'll really kill the internet ;-)
>
> Steve
>
> PS For those that aren't on Nottingham LUG, I've been discussing why I don't
> run ssh on port 22. A pearl of wisdom for those who are completely new to
> Linux.
>
> --
> Steven M Caddy, MEng ------------------------------------------------------
> "Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
> Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com

Hey guys,

Apologies for not responding sooner - this week has been a trifle
busier than I had expected.

Sounds like we'd all like to give this a go. I'll send a message to
Lincs, Mansfield and Notts LUG's mailing lists this week asking them
whether they'd be interested in any kind of meets/events notification,
and whether they might know of any other mutually beneficial ideas.

Incidentally, I too would like to attend one of Notts LUG's curry
meets... and last time I checked, the train times indeed were not late
enough for it to be worth while... I suppose if enough of us were
interested we could hire a taxi to bring us back to Newark - splitting
the cost between us could make that an option, if people are
interested..

Chris Hayes