[Newark] PodCast

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 11 16:27:48 GMT 2008

Paul Mellors wrote:

> I've been planning a Ubuntu-uk Colo podcast for many a month, but
> getting interest in it is like getting blood from a stone.  I was
> wondering if anyone in this LUG has thought about it?  I was also
> thinking about a diggnation.com style video blog, i've not thought about
> this one too much but something like lugradio video styleee :)
> thoughts?

Two points:

First, I've just installed Ubuntu on my new Dell computer (it was actually
cheaper to buy the same hardware with Vista pre-installed, than Ubuntu
pre-installed, and I really don't know why (well I can guess!)), so all things
Ubuntu are interesting to me at the moment. Yes, that does mean I've ditched my
Win2k box. Unfortunately, the last windows app that I was using doesn't seem to
work full under wine, so I'm waiting for someone to fix a few things there still.

Second, I'm a station engineer at a hospital radio station, dabble in radio
presenting, and know how to edit/process audio. If you need any help, then give
me a shout (even if it's just reading stuff out for you). Video... another
kettle of fish... you're on your own with that one.

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com