[Newark] PodCast

Paul Mellors paul at paulmellors.net
Tue Mar 11 16:31:16 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 16:27 +0000, Steve Caddy wrote:
> Paul Mellors wrote:
>
> > I've been planning a Ubuntu-uk Colo podcast for many a month, but
> > getting interest in it is like getting blood from a stone.  I was
> > wondering if anyone in this LUG has thought about it?  I was also
> > thinking about a diggnation.com style video blog, i've not thought about
> > this one too much but something like lugradio video styleee :)
> > thoughts?
>
> Two points:
>
> First, I've just installed Ubuntu on my new Dell computer (it was actually
> cheaper to buy the same hardware with Vista pre-installed, than Ubuntu
> pre-installed, and I really don't know why (well I can guess!)), so all things
> Ubuntu are interesting to me at the moment. Yes, that does mean I've ditched my
> Win2k box. Unfortunately, the last windows app that I was using doesn't seem to
> work full under wine, so I'm waiting for someone to fix a few things there still.
>
> Second, I'm a station engineer at a hospital radio station, dabble in radio
> presenting, and know how to edit/process audio. If you need any help, then give
> me a shout (even if it's just reading stuff out for you). Video... another
> kettle of fish... you're on your own with that one.
>
> Steve

Well it turns out ubuntu-uk have already started a podcast without any
consulting of the group and to be honest as i started the idea, i'm
feeling pretty sore about not being consulted or at least asked for
help, so i'm not doing that any more.  Any for this LUG i'm interested
in doing....i'll knock up some ideas....damn must get myself on the
NewarkLUG website :)