[Newark] PodCast

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:26:31 GMT 2008

Steve:
Absolutely. That sounds like a really worthwhile idea. I too would be
up for that, introducing a Newark to what Linux - and perhaps more
importantly, open source - is and how it might be of use to them,
sounds like a fantastic opportunity.

I'm assuming that this is something that you (Steve) would be best to
pursue on our behalf? Seeing as you already know people there.

As for Boundary Sound although I'd heard of them, I didn't realise
that they were a community radio station.

Paul:
I tend to find that the Linux Link Tech show is pretty good, but tends
to focus mostly on interviews - and it gets quite thin at times also.
It's roughly 2 hours long, I believe - and they could easily condense
that into an hour - at least from the episodes I've listened to. On
the upside, I enjoy their playful banter and informal approach to
interviews - it could just do with being a little more focused. It's
certainly one of the better Linux podcasts. The 'looseness' of that
show is at a direct contrast with the JavaPosse - who tend to keep
very much on topic, and remain at a constant fast pace (not that I've
listened to it for a while now).

Chris Hayes