[Newark] Radio Show

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 13:59:38 UTC 2009

Indeed, a programme that only dealt with Linux would need to be absurdly
technical to maintain an audience.

Something that I haven't mentioned is that we'd also like to have the
programme available as a podcast, after its live broadcast.

So far, I'd like to include the following elements in each show:
* FOSS/Linux news stories, breif disussion of the main stories, possibly.
* Certainly at least one major discussion regarding a FOSS/Linux thing, such
as a topic like, um, license proliferation - for instance. Or possibly a
certain application, language or technology. Or an in depth look at a single
news story.. etc.
* Review of a (likely obscure) FOSS application - or maybe a segment like
Desert Island Disks (from season 1 of LUGRadio) where people can suggest a
set of applications that they cannot live without, inc. breif discussion.
* Showcase of between 1 and 3 (depending on time left) awesome "Free
Culture" born music tracks (most likely forming the outro).

If possible, I'd like it so at least some of the show is accessible to a
non-technical (or non-Linux, at least) audience and might even encourage
certain memebers of that demographic to give FOSS/Linux a shot... I could do
with ideas of how best to acheive that.. Possibly the format of the show
should be news - accessible-content - too-geeky - outro...

Things like OpenOffice.org - Dosbox - Wine... Dualbooting/Ubuntu - the
ideals behind Free Software, or an explaination of the Open Source
development model, etc. can be talked about in the "accessible" part.
Something to ease people in...

Kind Regards,
Christopher