[Newark] Radio Show

Shelagh Dunning s.dunning at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 18 18:46:49 UTC 2009

I see you've been trained well Chris, can't say (or type) the words
"Boundary Sound" without adding "the new 102.6fm" on the front ;)

On the programme content front I think you'd be wise to build up to the
geek bit as you were thinking, the average listener is inclined to tune
out / off if something goes way over their head, but get them interested
and involved and they'll listen even at the point where it starts going
over their heads. Half your problem will be keeping your geeky listeners
who've tuned in especially engaged through the breaking in process for
the average listener. Are you thinking of having different people in to
discuss things each time? Much easier than talking to yourself about a
subject, and more engaging for those who are listening.

Shelagh