[Newark] Newbie

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 7 15:05:19 UTC 2010

On 07/10/10 12:08, Peter Adams wrote:
> I was surprised to even
> find a Newark LUG. Are you guys very active? Have regular meetings or
> pub gatherings?

We're quietly active. We were visited by some members of Mansfield LUG a while
back, and I think the terms used were "Busted! Beer drinking society".  If 5
people turn up for a meeting, it's "busy". If 6 turn up, it'll be an
attendance record.

As Chris has said, I've run a few C workshops, although that's gone a bit
quiet recently (maybe I cooked Craig's brain?). I don't mind meeting on an ad
hoc basis, but generally last Tuesday of the month is set aside for a beer
and/or curry. We missed last month - I ended up in Grantham playing a cribbage
match.

Steve

--
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com