[Newark] Newbie

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 12:41:40 UTC 2010

On 7 October 2010 15:26, Chris Hayes <cbhworld at gmail.com> wrote:
> Meets tend to be informal and attract around 4 or 5 members generally.
>  Recently Steve did some C workshops for those unfamiliar with the
> language - and we'd certainly be interested in any ideas that you
> have.  After all, the LUG is here to serve Newark :D

Do they usually appreciate it? :)

> If the 26th isn't good for you let us know and we can see whether a
> different day would be doable.

26th is currently ok for me. What venue do you guys usually use, and
in a wider context, what pubs in Newark do people recommend? You seem
to have a wide range of drinking dens to choose from. My girlfriend
and myself haven't yet managed to get to any of them yet and feel
spoilt for choice. I tend to like nice ales and quiet. No interest in
sports on a big screen or on-site Wiis. Free or cheap wi-fi is a nice
bonus, mind.

I've come from Belfast where pubs can be an acquired taste.

--
Peter