[Newark] Ubuntu Natty / Unity

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:05:21 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

So what's the general opinion here on Ubuntu 11.04 with Unity? I have
Ubuntu installed on the girlfriend's netbook which I keep up with the
latest to test. So far I've found Unity quite nice on a small netbook
aimed at non-tech users. Still haven't convinced her of it's merits
over the Windows 7 it dual-boots but Windows related frustrations are
helping push her over.

While most Linux users I know are fairly down on Unity I'm finding it
a more simple and user-friendly experience and can see where Canonical
is going with it; Linux for the non-geek.

--
Peter