[Newark] Ubuntu Natty / Unity

Craig Lynch c.m.lynch87 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:14:14 UTC 2011

In similar fashion I just pushed a box upto latest Ubuntu for a family
member. The lad having had some experience with GNOME but isn't a techie,
took a dislike to it. He seems alot happier with GNOME3 and the Shell.

Personally I quite like the look of it. Seems to have a lot in common with
both Shell and MacOS X. I didn't get to have a good play with it because the
lad wanted Shell but I'm open to putting it on a box myself to take a look.

I'm always on the lookout for new UX/UI. Having had KDE4, Shell, E17,
blackbox, plan9 and finally Haiku on a dual-boot. Its always fun trying out
the new workflows.

On a random note, anyone tried etoilé? I haven't managed to get it to build
yet.. :(

Craig