[Newark] Ubuntu Natty / Unity

kai duncan duncan_kai at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 22:31:34 UTC 2011

I brought my eldest son a netbook for his birthday ( early present ) a Samsung N150 dual booted W7 starter and 11.04
W7 just to do updates and AV install took 6hrs , I was not impressed , then installed 11.04 took all of 30minutes , My son used the netbook for 2 days then told me to get rid of W7   As he's 14 this month I told him to do the install himself ,, with a little help from me he did ,, now he's a happy bunny.
He has used 11.04 everyday since and even though I showed him how to boot into Gnome he hasnt done so he seems to like Unity ,, He's been using Ubuntu since last summer on a dual boot Laptop W7 and 10.04 Edubuntu and prefers Linux more than Windows.
Ive been using Ubuntu since 9.10 ( still a noob) now on Laptop 10.04 and netbook 10.10 , Been playing around with Natty for the past few weeks as a Live CD and Im impressed at how much better it is now than it was in 10.10 NBR ,, Im going to do a full install this weekend