[Nottingham] [OT] WANTED: Wireless USB

Lee nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Nov 4 14:37:01 2002

I may have here you can try, but your limited to very power output power
on most usb adapters :-(... , I don't want any cash for it, but I will
swap it 'noel edmund's' for something....

Your also limited by 5m of usb cable, unless you use a whizo extender.
(1000 feet!).

And I don't know what state linux is in for wireless usb drivers
(probably not great)...you are using linux arn't you? I know hostap mode
is definity out at the moment.

Also, are you thinking of use an external ant?, because your going to
need to hack it open to achive that, are you good at hacking things open
(i am not).

So, on the roof, I did'nt know you were becoming an ISP john. ;-).

On a side note, when the next meet, I might come along, if you all
promise to be very nice to me and not beat me up. ;-)

Cheers,
Lee
http:\\www.naan.org.uk