[Nottingham] Newbie Questions

Joe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Nov 28 15:31:01 2002

> Finally, is there anywhere in the Nottingham area that sells the boxed
> distros? The Red Hat ISOs (for example) seem to be prohibitively large!

I won't bother too much with the preferences, I would say that any of SuSE (I
quite like it), Red Hat (not used it since err, something ages ago) or Mandrake
(I like this too) would be good, as differences are not that great for a newbie.

Anyway, all of this is a very long-winded way of saying that when I bought a
boxed set of SuSE 6.4 it was from Waterstones. It was in Exeter a couple of
years ago, but I would think that the second biggest waterstones in the country
would probably have something in stock.

Regards,

Joe