[Nottingham] /boot below 2GB (was: Linux not recognized/bootable after installation)

Joe Wrigley nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Oct 7 10:19:01 2002

Martin,

I am not an expert on this, but I do know that I installed SuSE 8.1 on my
laptop last week, and I have the following setup,

/dev/hda1 roughly 18.5GB (windows XP Home, *vomit)
/dev/hda2 5GBish (SuSE partition reiserfs)
/dev/hda3 5GBish (nothing really atm)
/dev/hda4 188MB (Linux Swap, because SuSE complained, otherwise)

SuSE install GRUB as it's bootloader and it works fine. I believe the latest
version of LILO isn't so bothered either, or you could use GRUB yourself
(I'm sure someone could help, but I can't. Last time I looked I understood
LILO config to some extent and GRUB not at all :)

Hope this helps a little,

Joe