[Nottingham] Installfest Proposal

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 10 14:03:01 2003

On 10 Apr 2003, Robert Postill wrote:

> Finally, if you'd like to get involved, drop me a mail off-list, you'll
> get on my good side quickly if you can get kit like monitors to the site
> :)

Thanks Robert,
As said at the meeting, I should be able to bring along some server boxes,
a wired and possibly a wireless hub for doing network installs but I
imagine most machines brought along won't have a network card.

As for monitors, apart from the spare Sun one behind, sorry I'm fresh out of those.

Could we get someone like John Winters ala linuxemporium (or Suse ...) to come along and
sell disk sets or even supply them on a sale or return basis ?

I should also mention that we were going on the principal that anyone who is into
Linux already has it and the install fest should be geared towards newcomers.
Hence we would offer a distro like Mandrake or Suse rather than Gentoo or Debian.

> Robert.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,