[Nottingham] Installfest Proposal

Robert Postill nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 10 19:57:00 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 18:33, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> More random thoughts -
If I was less charitable I'd mention the high proportion of random
thoughts here, but I won't disturb chaos theory or Heisenberg's
uncertainty principal here :)
> backups and hdd partitioning.
> I guess we should think about backing up people's data
> before we trash it ;)
Good point, what would be great would be one of those USB/parallel port
CDRWs.  Any offers?
> Demo machines - machines running software for people to try.
I think that's an important part of an installfest,  it's a bit much for
some people to put Linux on their machine if they haven't seen it in action
first so good, eye-catching demos will be a major plus point.
Robert.