[Nottingham] Installfest Proposal

David Luff nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 11 11:41:01 2003

On 4/11/03 at 10:46 AM Duncan John Fyfe wrote:

>I guess OpenOffice (Opening MSOffice docs in OpenOffice), Gimp , TuxRacer,
>FlightGear and some 'junior' packages for children.

It's somewhat ironic that all of the above will run quite happily on
Windows.  Well, OK, maybe they're really miserable on WIndows, but they run
anyway!  However, it might be worth having some CD's with the best of
cross-platform open source on for those who are put off by the
Not-responsible-if-your-hard-drive-dies-and-everything-that-of-course-isn't-
backed-up-is-lost disclaimer before installing Linux.

Cheers - Dave