[Nottingham] Installfest Proposal

Simon Huggins nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 11 12:23:01 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:32:20AM +0100, David Luff wrote:
> On 4/11/03 at 10:46 AM Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> >I guess OpenOffice (Opening MSOffice docs in OpenOffice), Gimp ,
> >TuxRacer, FlightGear and some 'junior' packages for children.
> It's somewhat ironic that all of the above will run quite happily on
> Windows.  Well, OK, maybe they're really miserable on WIndows, but
> they run anyway!

This is an interesting point.  It would be nice if the people there are
able to talk not just about Linux but also about the benefits of Open
Source software regardless of what you run it on.

I wonder if the AFFS has fliers.  Hmm, doesn't look like it though I
could be wrong.

I imagine once people accept OSS won't eat their hard drive, they are
more likely to be willing to try linux.

--
----------(    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all    )----------
Simon ----(             evidence that you tried.             )---- Nomis