[Nottingham] Compiler problem - 2nd attempt

Lee nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 17:27:01 2003

Oh dear...

eer, check permission perhaps???

make clean ??? perhaps???

see if you C compiler (gcc) can make executables...

is gcc installed + development lib's?

rpm -qa | grep gcc

hmmm... why do you feel the need to install mysql from source??
grab the version that comes compiled with the distro....

good idea if you are learning....and don't want to learn about compiling
stuff just yet..as it can be fraught with danger...but awfully good fun.

Laters,
Lee