NLUG Links page (Was: [Nottingham] Basford Nottingham computer shop)

Simon Osborne nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 16:07:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duncan John Fyfe" <djf@star.le.ac.uk>
To: <nottingham@mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: NLUG Links page (Was: [Nottingham] Basford Nottingham computer
shop)

> I'm not too fussed about linking to national/non-local suppliers but if
> others think it would be useful, shout.
> I have a folder full of them (no recommendation or promise that they work,
see below)

> How would people feel if I added a 'local linux services' page where
members could list the linux
> services they offer (free as in beer, free as in speech, charged for or
otherwise)

I've not been living in Nottingham for long, so I really don't know of any
decent computer shops. The ones I have been in border on the dodgey and
overpriced. One particular shop wouldn't give me a pricelist and quoted me
prices around £70 for a 256mb PC133 DIMM!!! I feel sorry for the clueless
noobs who buy from this place :(

Simon