NLUG Links page (Was: [Nottingham] Basford Nottingham computershop)

Roger Light nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 29 10:34:01 2003

Hi,

>What do people consider local ?
>I'm thinking NG post codes only but there are bound to be exceptions.

That sounds as good a criterion as any.

>on what basis should I accept/decline requests for linking ?

[snip]

>My inclination is to judge things on individual contributions to the lug =
and or
>promotion of free software and the community .

Again, I think this is the best way to go. It would be all too easy to be =
flooded with links and so make the list less useful (would anyone really =
want to trawl through 100+ links looking for the good ones?).

I guess we want links that we as a group want to support which means =
hardware and free software as you said.

I'm sure everyone knows where PC world and Maplins are anyway :)

Cheers,

Roger