[Nottingham] Webmin - opinions wanted

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 6 15:51:01 2003

On Wednesday 06 Aug 2003 15:38, Bunter Matthew wrote:
> Apologies, I've now actually RTFM and docs and understand what you meant.

Webmin has had some security history, there's some articles around about it,
and problems with HTPP for this kind of application.  I think Zope was
affected to.

Seems to be that distro's want to 'value add' admin tools and compete on them,
rather than rely on 'standard tools'.  The KDE configuration stuff, as well
as other initiatives like linuxconf, seem to do quite well when new-ish, but
run into maintenance issues over time, falling out of step with the distro's.

Rob