[Nottingham] xterm key problems

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 7 22:06:00 2003

On Wednesday 30 Jul 2003 21:42, Ross Kirk wrote:

> When i run a remote xterm ( via exceed/rlogin ) my arrow keys do not
> work at all in bash, in emacs mode i get ;2A or ;2B for the up and
> down arrows. In Vi mode they do nothing at all.  This is rather
> annoying as i have no history at the bash prompt.

This looks like a problem with Exceed, I seem to remember similar a long time
ago, up-arrow gets sent as ESC [ A, and the Exceed rlogin might not be
passing the ESC through correctly.

Can you try logging in with rlogin, and starting an xterm on the Linux box,
displayed on you 'doze machine and see if that works?  I have vague
recollection due to such problems, I set up Exceed to actually start up X
client application automatically  rather than use it's rlogin terminal
emulator.

Rob