[Nottingham] Hanson Chinese Meeting Update

Robert Postill nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 8 13:46:00 2003

Jon,
Unfortunately I missed Wednesday's meeting, how did you get the trains
to work?  My journey from London took a good four and a half hours
(stream of abuse towards Midland Strainline expunged :) so I got into
Nottingham about 10:45...

As for the installfest the event is confirmed.  The What's On brochure
is at the printers (hopefully out soon!) and next months meeting is
scheduled for the battle of the bootable CD distros (I'm burning my way
through Slackware Live, Knoppix, Morphix and RPM-livelinuxcd).  What's
left is to get together the demonstrations (I need to spend some time
with OpenOffice but any contributions of tutorial level on the word
processor and spreadsheet would be appreciated) and sort out some more
publicity...

Robert.