[Nottingham] Hanson Chinese Meeting Update

Jon Masters nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 8 13:54:01 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Robert Postill wrote:

> Unfortunately I missed Wednesday's meeting, how did you get the trains
> to work?

I could not make it in time to get anything useful done so went home after
6 hours travelling with those wonderful trains.

> (stream of abuse towards Midland Strainline expunged :)

http://www.printk.net/~jcm/central_trains.pdf

OTT reaction to the trains being late but this was the final straw.
I will have to actually go and see the management to vent frustration.

> As for the installfest the event is confirmed.  The What's On brochure
> is at the printers (hopefully out soon!) and next months meeting is
> scheduled for the battle of the bootable CD distros (I'm burning my way
> through Slackware Live, Knoppix, Morphix and RPM-livelinuxcd).  What's
> left is to get together the demonstrations (I need to spend some time
> with OpenOffice but any contributions of tutorial level on the word
> processor and spreadsheet would be appreciated) and sort out some more
> publicity...

I let the other guys at the magazine know about it and said I will follow
up with some more specific stuff later - so a couple of lines of text...

Jon.