[Nottingham] Revolution OS - again!

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 12 15:48:00 2003

I'd like a show of hands from those interested in seeing Revolution OS
on the not-quite-so-big screen and ideas on a good date.

I will not be arranging the grand public screening some people would like but
thanks to the wonder that is Alex Herington we have access to a room
with LCD projector where we could do a/several private screening(s).

I recon we could seat <~ 20 people in the room (less in the current weather).

We will need to provide:
	A DVD of said film.
	A DVD player connectable to the LCD projector.
	A sound system
	Popcorn

Given I was igoing to be there I could bring a box with a DVD player and
soundcard (sb 4.1)  but the speaker assembly is a tad less portable.
I don't have the DVD either.

open source popcorn anyone ?

NB: This will fall outside the regularly scheduled meetings so
it does not have to be a Wednesday nor the first one of a month.
I guess it should be an evening though cause I'd rather not ruin the poor man's
weekends dragging him back to work.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,