[Nottingham] Odd behaviour in KDE

Lee nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 13:43:01 2003

> NFS has options for controlling packet size, if you have an MTU of 2346, try
> settings for rsize and wsize in your mount options.  rsize=2048,wsize=2048
> are likely to be sensible.  It might also for a wireless LAN be a good idea
> to try using tcp/ip mounts with the tcp option, as it has tried and tested
> error recovery and flow control.
>
> Rob

Probably for wireless, depending on how much interference you getting ,
using a smaller mtu is probably a better idea, and if yopu have a lot of
machines competing for airtime, then a small mtu is a good idea...
you'll have to 'play' with it, to get the setting that works for you.

I'd did'nt know you could run nfs mounts over tcp, that's
brilliant......is that new, or should have RTFM?? does that mean the
port mapper/rpc works tcp too?

ha ha

Laters,
Lee