[Nottingham] email and calendaring products

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 13:56:54 2003

On Friday 22 Aug 2003 13:11, Martin Garton wrote:
> > Would a web based solution be acceptable?  That would decouple the client
> > and server side and open up many more options.
>
> I was hoping for outlook calendar integration, but I might enquire about
> whether having the calendar part as web based would be okay. (This new
> system is for my employer BTW, and they are asking me for input)

Ah, well in that case the SuSE product might be a good option, they've done
quite well with Exchange replacing solutions in local government.  Nottingham
City looked at that server product, but were recommended to use a web mail
solution istead, which by all accounts has been successful, there was a talk
about it last autumn IIRC.

Rob