[Nottingham] linux spotting.

Simon Huggins nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Aug 30 11:04:01 2003

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 12:12:54AM +0100, .waffle wrote:
> || Makes a refreshing change from seeing BSOD on cash machines. ;-)
> Not just BSOD, but random error messages on the colour units.

The daylight savings time change messages appearing on top of info
screens is vaguely amusing too.

Still it's sad that they didn't use some journalled filesystem to avoid
fsckage.  You'd think machines that were moved around like that would be
more prone to being turned on/off randomly anyway so would be most
likely to benefit.

Simon.

--
truth in search engines#4: do you mean "kill my coworkerS"? --
http://www.ntk.net/